Sibu runs student cafeterias in each campus - Drammen, Kongsberg and Hønefoss.
Menus can be found on their own postings in the cafes and on Sibu.no.
The cafe in Drammen has its own website http://www.cafepapirbredden.no/
* Drammen: Monday - Thursday 07.30-18.00, Friday 07.30-15.00. Saturday 10.00-15.00, Sun closed
* Hønefoss: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 08.00-15.30, Wednesday 08:00- 14:00, Friday 08.00-13.00. Sat/
* Kongsberg: Monday - Thursday 08.00-15.30, Friday 08.00-14.30. Sat/Sun closed
Ask at the campus reception for help - questions about everything regarding examination, approval of degrees, practical matters, etc… they can direct you to the correct staff members to help you with different types of questions and problems.
Essential in all communication with the students is Fronter, Internet and e-mail. It is recommended that students bring their own Laptops. Campuses offer free wireless networks.
Public computers are provided in the libraries - free use for all students. Free network is also available in student housing.
You will need your own password and username to access the campus network.
The password and username will be provided by IT service-Helpdesk .
Copy machines for students are provided in all three campus libraries.
To make the copies students use the student card or special copy card which has to be filled up with money.
Norway is an expensive country and it takes a while getting used to the high cost of living.
As a student you will need a minimum of approximately NOK 8 000 per month in order to cover basic expenses.
To give you an idea of the living expenses for a student in Norway, we have put together a modest budget for one semester (all numbers are approximate):
- Housing: NOK from 14 000 to 15 000 - dependent on size and standard of the flat
- Food: NOK 12 000
- Books & Supplies: NOK 1 000- NOK 4 000
- Students are also entitled to reduced fares on public transport. Your student card also entitles you to certain discounts on cultural events.
Some sample prices:
- Accommodation (including heating): see section on Accommodation
- Restaurant in town: NOK150/USD25/EUR18
- Fast-food restaurant, such as Mac Donald's: NOK65/USD10/EUR8
- Cinema: NOK100/USD16/EUR13
- A glass of beer: NOK50/USD8/EUR6
Discounts can be obtained from providers of these types of goods and services:
- transport companies (bus and train), fitness centres and gyms, outdoor activities (e.g. skiing resorts),
- local cafes and restaurants, local theatres, local business community (hairdressers, beauty shops, sports equipment shops), newspaper and magazine subscriptions, insurance and banking services, telecommunications services.
Discounts available from the local business communities of Buskerud University College are:
- In Drammen: Peppes Pizza, Backyard Pub, Golf-senteret, Drammens Tidende (regional newspaper), etc. List with links in Norwegian
- In Kongsberg: Norefjell Skisenter (skiing resort), Kongsberg Skisenter (skiing resort). List with links in Norwegian
- In Hønefoss: Glade Hjul Sykkelverksted (bicycle repair shop), Match Woman/Match Man (clothing), JK Sport AS, Lauritzen Bokhandel (bookshop), Telenor Telehuset (telecommunications), Bugatti (clothing), EUROsko (shoeshop). List with links in Norwegian