The city of Drammen is located 30 minutes from Oslo, surrounded by a beautiful valley and with a great river running through it. The city was founded in 1811 and has managed to preserve a number of old traditional buildings and market squares.
Drammen can offer a wide variety of social and cultural activities. As the river is deemed to be the city's main street, a number of activities and festivals revolve around the river. In the city centre you can enjoy museums, restaurants and shops. In terms of outdoor activities, there are a number of tracks for hiking or bicycle trips to enjoy during the summer, in addition to golfing and boating opportunities.
In wintertime, you can enjoy the prepared cross-country ski tracks or downhill skiing facilities close to the city centre.
The Drammen campus is a 10 minute walk from the city centre. There are 1000 students and 60 academic, technical and administrative staff in Drammen. The Department of Health Education, Political Science, Teacher Education and Visual Communication are situated at campus Drammen. The departments offer various undergraduate degree programs, as well as some postgraduate programs and diploma courses.
The student facilities are of a high standard with modern lecture auditoriums, laboratories and seminar rooms. Students may use the library and computer laboratories for individual studying. Student accommodation is available within walking distance to campus. The largest hospital in the region is next door to the college and is a convenient location for the health education students during their clinical placements. All students may take advantage of a wireless network and work online everywhere inside the campus building.
The Department of Health Education, Political Science and Visual Communication have a number of international linkages through research projects, visiting professors and exchange agreements for students and staff. The library has an international section for students and teachers with computer facilities and a variety of information material regarding opportunities for exchange and study abroad at partner institutions.
- Lighting Design
- Visual Communication
- Clinical Health - Mental Health, Medical use of Radiation, Palliative care, Aging and the Elderly
- Skin care- Health, Skin and Wellness
- Injuries prevention, treatment and relief (30 ECTS)
- Ethics in Community Health Services
- Multidisciplinary Acute Stroke Treatment and Rehabilitation of Stroke Survivors (15 ECTS)
- Mental Health and Drug Related Problems
- Quality Management in Health and Social Services, Public and Private Companies (20 ECTS)
- Audit of Management Control Systems for Quality and Environment (10 ECTS)
- Disaster and Crisis Management 1 (15 ECTS)
- Disaster and Crisis Management 2: operative effort (15 ECTS)
- Staff Management and Crisis Management (15 ECTS)
- Interdisciplinary course in Local Environment, Housing and Health (15 ECTS)
- Interdisciplinary course in Ambulatory and Acute Crisis Treatment (15 ECTS)
- Dementia and Age Psychiatry (30 ECTS)
- Clinical Guidance (15 ECTS)
- Interdisciplinary course in Public Health Work (15 ECTS)
- Collaborative Research in Mental Health Work (15 ECTS)
- Psychosocial Work with Families with Children 0-4 years (30 ECTS)
- Dialogue practice- Ethical and Existential Dialogues (30 ECTS)
- Teacher Education level 1-7
- Teacher Education level 5-10
- Education Management
- Career advisor Program - Module 2, Career Guidance (30 ECTS)
- Educational Guidance (30 ECTS)
- Method Development in Language Teaching (15 ECTS)
- Appreciative Inquiry and Strength-Based Approaches to Learning and Development, (15 ECTS)
- Political Science and Human Rights
-Human Rights and Multiculturalism
- EU Project Management - An Introduction to EU-EEA Theory and Practice (7, 5-60 ECTS)
- Human Rights, Multicultural Understanding and Conflict Management (15-60 ECTS)